Friday, May 4, 2012

5-4-12 Blessings in Disguise


5-4-12   Blessings in Disguise

So Friday night I had a date and he took me to Trinity, a nice place that I had been wanting to try for a long time but couldn't afford it. We had a nice time and the conversation flowed well between us. He even asked me out for the following Friday night, I told him I had plans but suggested some other days so he said he'd get in touch. When the bill came he paid and refused any help paying, I am so totally impressed with that, true gentlemen really DO pay! I do understand though the stories of so many of my single guy friends who date women for months, spend lots of money and the relationship never moves past a peck on the cheek. As for this guy as far as me being attracted, I am pretty much neutral, I will go out a time or two again and see if that swings one way or the other but I certainly won't lead him on or take advantage of his generosity. I do think even if it doesn't go towards romantic I could have a nice friend there if he's up for that...time will tell.....

Saturday was my Walking and Talking event and I ambitiously scheduled a walk from Sandy Hook all the way up over the bridge and to the Twin Towers Lighthouses. We set out with 11 of us, everyone made it to the top but me. I may have been able to make it up, not sure, I was a little tired but the main reason for turning back was I had to pee! I am starting to wonder if I need to go try that medication I see advertised for this. I got some exercise though as I made a very good sprint back the the restroom at the starting point though! And what is it about bladders that as soon as you are about a foot away it starts to leak? Can it sense proximity or something? Or is that only me? And yeah I know how dare I write about such things right? Come on I bet a lot of you have issues too! Anyway I met a fellow spiritual person whom I have been wanting to meet and visit his store for a very long time, he came on the walk and we talked at lunch. It helped me to switch my Cinco De Mayo plans from a big meetup event in a bar to the Full moon drumming fire ceremony. It is going to be a very special day and a shift and I am better served to be there.

Later that night I went to the Singing Bowls with my friend Christine. I was so happy to go and she picked me up and drove! It was so good to talk to her about my son, she is an addictions counselor and works with kids, the same friend who had me come give Reiki to her clients. Anyway she totally understood everything, and is one of very few who understand my sons issues on every level. Everyone else accuses me of enabling him but she sees what's going on there. The singing bowls were lovely and helped me a great deal, if only my back and hips weren't hurting me I could have really focused. Donna the woman who runs the place called Soulful-Awakenings what a wonderful soul! And so many offerings there at very reasonable prices! I swear Monmouth county is like heaven on earth for me is so many ways!

Sunday was Yoga on the beach and we were truly blessed with the sunny skies! Earlier in the week it was predicted to be cool and raining, I prayed like crazy and later in the week they prediced clear skies and 60, I prayed more for warmer temps, it went up to 62! Again I prayed and it went up to 65! And  I think it was even warmer when we got there! Now I don't claim to influence the weather personally but I think someone listens who can... We had a good turn out as well and every one was happy to be back at the beach despite a little sand blowing around. I told them the dermabrashion was no extra charge and they all laughed. After class I got sold a SpiritStone! One of my friends from the walking group wanted one, I let him choose one from the new bag and I asked him what intention he wished for it to be "charged" with, it was very sad he told me of something that happend to him and that he had had all kinds of therapy and treatments and even offered forgiveness to get this bad memory out and to release him but it was still there. I took the stone and held it close, calling in the Reiki energy, then I took his hand and put the stone in his palm and told him "I wish you healing of the memories". He solemly took it and paid me for the stone. I look forward to hearing of his progress.

The work week was not too eventful, the only real thing going on was lots of posting back and forth in my online college group. I had attended a Catholic College back in Ohio and boy what a trip. Well one day this week one of them went so far as to call one of my best friends a FAG! Now granted he is homosexual, and the church does teach against homosexuality but it also teaches against hate. Personally in my walk I have come to see that men and women really are born that way and I don't see how it can be sinful to be what you are but I don't want to get into that right now. Long story short this one prissy, judgmental woman was on my case and I recognized how much I still very much dislike her! You know the type, prom queen, head cheerleader and home ech blue ribbon winner all rolled into one who has grown up the be a stewardess. ( I stifle a giggle here) but anyway as I had boldly claimed to them all that "you only love god as much as the person you love the least" and it dawned on me shortly after posting that I ideed only loved God as much as this person. I had identified another thing in myself to work on.... I was angry at the "beautiful people" the ones who were physically beautiful that were the reason plain chubby chicks like myself always got passed over.... But then again I suppose going to that tough judgemental school taught me much about expanding my belief system and not following religion and it made me tough too and compasionate in ways I never would have learned otherwise...

Thursday I woke up and my eye wouldnt open, I had poked myself when I was settling down to down to sleep the night before and prayed and did self Reiki the hopes it would heal by morning. I was not succsesful though so I stayed and worked from home and then I went to the walk in clinic. I thought well good maybe he can also help me with these blocked sinuses too! Turns out I also needed to go on blood pressure medication it was 180/110 yikes! Everybody's been on my case to go see a doctor but I generally always rely on my reiki and other holistic methods but this time it had gotten out of hand and I do have so many contributing factors going on the sinuse stuff the not sleeping the fights with my son. So thank God I poked my eye, it got me to a doctor before I hade a heart attack or stroke.

Today I want you to be remember to be thankful for each and every thing that happens to you good and bad, especially the bad! Because trust me almost all the blessings that come to you really are disguised............


With Love and in the Light, Cassie



No comments:

Post a Comment